Young Life will be on hand to assist with registration and snacks.
Escort provided by Knox County Sheriff and Lenoir City Police
All riders depart at noon sharing the first 9 miles
to Lenoir City. The 54 mile route will cross Tellico dam with the 22 milers looping
back via the dam overlook.
- $2000 donation to Young Life Knoxville Summer Camps -
- 119 Riders - 3798 miles (Mostly enjoyed) – 2 Directionally Challenged Riders – - 4 flat tires – 1 broken chain - 1 Rescue Mission -
- 15 Beast Pizza’s – 5 gallons of Petro’s Tea -
What to expect on the ride!
- You will receive an email/facebook/twitter alert by Tuesday before the ride.
- A mild sunny day perfect for bicycling
- Knox County Sheriff escort to the county line
- Lenoir City Police assist in crossing the dam.
- Civilized Pace
- Accurate map / queue sheet for each route
- The route is clearly marked with “Orange” directionals
- Friendly faces – Beautiful “Base Miles Ride”
- Bicycle friendly country roads
- Conveniently located convenience stores on the long route
- Pre-ride gathering with fruit and coffee
- Post ride snacks
- Greenway Series Oct-Nov-Dec
- Shop Rides Tues-Wed-Sat
- Feb 23, 2013 Hot Winter Ride
- April 20, 2013 Cry Baby
- May 25, 2013 Cardiac Kids
- Red Ride and Blue
- June 14, 2012 Bald River Falls Bike Ride
- Independence Day Ride
- 2013 Aug 17 Ride for the Rescue
- 2013 Storm the Fort Triathlon
- 2013 Sept 7, Dragon Challenge
- Nov 2, 2013 Harvest Bicycle Ride
- New Years Eve / Day Ride
- “Follow us on Twitter for current bike ride updates”